Monday, November 15, 2010

A little fixer at age 8

When we got home from Church yesterday Stevie plugged in my Mickey Mouse Phone.  She had been playing with it but unplugged so she could sleep without rolling on it and making it ring and scaring her.

When Stevie pushed the ring button to make it ring it didn't work.  She thought the battery went dead.  So she asked grandpa for a screwdriver and went to taking out the screw.  She found it needed a nine volt battery which Grandpa put in and then Stevie put the phone back together again. 

Then she found out the sound had been turned down. We all had a good laugh, but the thing is she wasn't afraid to fix it. 

3 comments:

King Family said...

Is that a real phone?

The two old crows said...

Yep Halley that is a real phone. I used it when I lived at Grandma Blake's.

Lora said...

I have never been a fixer....wonder if my kids are? George always fixes everything so we don't have to :)