Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just some home cooking

Yesterday as we were sitting at the table eating I asked the kids what they were like to eat today. They wanted to make corn dogs and Glazed potato donuts. I ran to the store today and bought wieners, more cheese and some instant potatoes.    I made the donut dough earlier and Noah helped with it and it is rising.




 Noah learned how to knead the dough.
 Then he filled the wok with shortening for the corn dogs.
 Then Stevie stirred up the corn dog mixture.








By the time we were through eating it was time for the donuts.




 You must have a chocolate glaze.

 Not the prettiest but good eating.

Stevie enjoying the finished product.  So Yummy.  I think everyone is going to be to full to eat the sweet and sour hamburger balls tonight.

7 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

That looks delish! I need some recipes please!

Debby said...

It looks yummy. Would you share your recipes?

Lana said...

did you do an "in the kitchen with"? I would LOVE to learn how to make both of those!

The two old crows said...

No Lana I didn't do an "in the Kitchen" somehow it got overlooked.

Since the three of you live close I will bring the recipes next Sunday to church.

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this makes me jealous! Looks really yummy!

Mary Jo said...

That looks so fun! Corn dogs are a great favorite out here, but we've never made them from scratch. Yummy stuff!

King Family said...

Wow the corn dogs look delicious! It would be fun to make those some time!