Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

This year for some reason I thought the girls were going to figure out the menu for Thanksgiving.  I really didn't know where we were having dinner.   Last week I hadn't heard anything except Ryan and Halley were coming from Utah.  So I went and talked to daughter Trudy and she said call Tina.  We had it here and I figured out the menu and then we had some surprises.

Monday I started by cooking a pumpkin bread.  Sid and I watched the throw down between Bobbie Flay and the Pioneer Woman and he wanted me to try the Pumpkin Bread Pudding.  After it cooked and cooled I cut it up into 1 inch cubes and waited for it to go stale so I could finish.  I should have taken a picture but I didn't.

Wednesday  I made rolls, Yummy if I do so say myself.

Thursday I was up early and finished putting the Pumpkin Bread together and made a Carmel sauce to go over the top.  It tastes better than it looks.

Picture of the finished product on Thanksgiving.  Oh was it delish.

We can't have Thanksgiving without the yams so after the Carmel sauce I put the sweet potatoes together and ready to throw in the oven 40 minutes before we ate. We don't like them with marshmallows.  Just brown sugar, apples, and apple juice, with a little salt and cinnamon.

We always have a relish dish and this year I did two.  One for vegetables and one for pickles.  And Woe  is me I forgot to put out the pickled beets.  The family probably didn't mind.
Then into the refrigerator drawer.

I wondered if the drawer would fit both dishes and it did.
I must be slowing down; because then it was time to cook the sweet potatoes and take a shower and then the family started to arriving to eat.  Oh what good food we had.

2 comments:

Bainter Family Antics said...

Everything was SUPER yummy and I especially liked the pumpkin pudding thing? Is there any left?

The two old crows said...

There might be 1 serving left!!!!!