Sunday, December 14, 2008

46 years today

Can you believe this is the two old crows. We met in 1962. This picture was taken in Oak City Canyon we were just courting not even engaged.

This is our wedding picture taken in our ward's cultural hall. Sid and me, and my parents drove from Salt Lake to Manti and Sid's parents drove from Delta. We left at 4 pm in the morning and then everyone drove back to Murray for the reception that night. Boy were we tired. Alva Alan Young, Emily Young, Sid Young, Cecilia Young, Leola Blake and George Blake. My mother is the only parent now living.

This is Sid and me after we were married for six months. Stevie fits into this outfit now. Halley used to fit into it. Between my having Tina and Sid Jr. Sid decided to grow a beard.

This beard picture was years later. Sid grows a beard every ten years or so.



This was one Easter vacation when we as a family were out on the desert. I love this picture of my rugged man.

I think this picture was taken when Sid and Connie graduated from Logan University. It could have been Trudy when she graduated from Logan. At both events we had family pictures taken.

By this picture we had become empty nesters. This was taken at Christmas time about 2003. We look like we don't have a care in the world.
Here we are 46 years later on the 14th day of December 2008. We are just home from Church where Tina had come down from her ward and played the Holy City for us to sing in Sacrament meeting. When we got home Trudy graciously took our picture in front of her tree.
The two OLD CROWS. Sid looks like he has two black eyes but it is just a shadow. He has been working really hard at his new business.

6 comments:

Tina said...

It is fun to see the progression pictures. You guys are a good looking couple!

It was fun to come spend some of your Sunday with you!

Happy Anniversery!

Shelly said...

Congratulations you two! What a special day to sing in church and on your anniversary! Love the old pictures. Thanks for all your comments. You're sweet.

Debby said...

What a neat post. Isn't it amazing how fast those years together fly? I enjoyed your song today, it was beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

Rob and Christina Watson said...

Oh my goodness! I love the pictures! You two are so cute and go together so well! I love it!

young family said...

How about a late Happy Anniversary ;) I hope you had a great day!! Singing, now I know you both enjoy that so it was probably great.

Ceci said...

Your pictures are great mom! I loved looking at them, it really brings back the memories. I think I said it that day, but if not, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Trudy