Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Monopoly

Yesterday Sid and I finished up our Christmas shopping and did some grocery shopping. It had been awhile since we had done some big time grocery shopping.
I was surprised that the stores were not more crowded than they were. Maybe people were up at those dangerous malls.
When we walked into to Walmart, there where you couldn't miss it was a display of games marked down. Monopoly was only $10.00. It wasn't on my list but I walked right over and put it in the cart. That is one game that we always had, I grew up with and so did Sid.
When we got home I put it on our bed and then Baxter came over to talk to Grandpa and spied the game. Within 10 minutes after he went home here comes Baxter, Zane and Noah for a game of Monopoly. We started the game at 3 pm and when dinner time came they went home for supper and back they came and we finished up at 8 pm. I don't think I have ever enjoyed playing Monopoly so much. There was so much laughter and and teasing. Baxter won, I really thought Grandpa would but when Grandpa explained something about money, Baxter picked right up with it and boy did he take us to the cleaners. At the end it was just him and ME.
FUN FUN!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Monopoly is fun, but the biggest draw back is the HOURS it takes to play it! Cool, you took the time and enjoyed each other!

Jackie said...

We played monopoly just the other day. My mom won the game, and she was excited because it was the first time she had ever won. I didn't do so well. I had one whole side of the board, but hardly anyone landed on me!!! so needless to say, i lost :)

Debby said...

Sometimes the best games are the old ones. It is fun to play games together as a family

King Family said...

I saw that deal too. I wanted to pick it up but with just the two of us I dont think we would ever play it.