Friday, December 5, 2008

Memories

If those in our ward who are bloggers would like to read a flashback of Tina Steven's childhood you can go to her site ( the Lincoln Stevens flashback). We did all this and still had time for piano lessons, practicing, saxophone, clarinet, wrestling (the reason for the cow), all the children played ball, and we went fishing and camping. I think we had a well rounded life and didn't think we were poor. We may not of had money like some, but we were rich in family and the gospel. For a city born and raised girl I have no regrets and loved the life on the farm. I rode horses, helped with the planting of grain and alfalfa, combined the grain and then in the fall combined the corn (my favorite). I also helped with the calves in the spring and fall all in all it was a great life.

3 comments:

young family said...

Sometimes it is hard to believe all the hard work isn't it. A totally different way of life.

I love all my memories of the farm, minus the wind though:) I could have done without that :)

King Family said...

That is so neat.

Tina said...

I loved the way we grew up . . . and I had no idea we got the cow to strengthen Sid's arms!!!!! What an extreme measure. A milk cow is nothing to trifle with.