Saturday, September 26, 2009

Alpaca Farm

There is a teacher at the school where Trudy teaches that raises Alpaca's. Today and tomorrow she is having a open house, so Trudy, Noah, Stevie and I went.
Of course before you can see the Alpacas they had a booth set up and I liked this black shawl.
This is a pen of mothers and babies.
This is the newest baby. Isn't he cute. They all have names.
I love to see little babies eating. I think the lady said this one weighed 9 lbs when it was born.

Another baby and mother.

This little black Alpaca would click a greeting to you when you went to pet it.
It looks like it wanted to meet Stevie more than she wanted to pet it.
They had turkeys, rabbits and chickens. They had a prettier turkey but I didn't get a picture of it.

Thought I would throw in a black and white. Noah and Sid really don't like black and white but it's my blog right!!!
Trudy and Stevie

Trudy and Stevie feeding them a little hay.

Noah had to finally stand by his mom so he could feed this Alpaca.
This is a pen of the males. We went inside this pen and while we were standing there another male Alpaca came running up to this one and was going to spit but didn't. That was his way of challenging this male. It is mating season and the two don't get along.

I took this picture because I thought it was funny that the Alpaca roll just like horses. I missed the first two males that rolled.
This is Noah walking back to the car. Had to try a different slant at a picture.

Trudy and I both tried on this sweater. I couldn't believe how soft it was and warm. Today is cool, in the mid 60s, and overcast.
Just another black and white.
Just a nice day out with family and I enjoyed the Alpacas. They were pretty friendly.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Looks like a fun family day.

Mary Jo said...

That looks like fun. I'm guessing the sweater was made of alpaca wool, right? (Do they call it wool?) I've never felt it before. I'm glad you guys had fun.
(PS - I like black and white pictures, too.)
(PPS - I heard Halley was fabulous! I wish I could have seen her.)

Sally Young said...

That looks like allot of fun. I just heard from Tina, I am excited to be able to see them while they are down here.

King Family said...

That is really neat. I like black and white pictures too.. Keep them coming!