Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Roads in Maryland

You may ask yourself, what does this sign have to do with the roads in Maryland. Nothing.

I was driving Baxter to his football practice the other day and we went past a Catholic cemetery. I liked the name of this cemetery so while I was out visiting teaching today I went and took a picture of it. So I was driving on the roads in Maryland.

A little further up the road is this farm, the Friendly Hall. Since Sid had a John Deere I decided to take a picture of this also. It is a big farm and there were workers out in the field harvesting.This is actually the road I drove on to and from the sister's house that I was visiting teaching. I had hoped that there would be colors, but I guess it hasn't been cold enough.


You can see the roads are narrow and winding.


Just a little further down on the same road. It is beautiful and shady.


The other day Trudy and I went to an alpaca farm. This is her driveway.


Narrow, winding, not paved, but beautiful.
It pays to have a map with you in your car because if you make a wrong turn you will be lost and you can't see anything but trees. Not like Oregon or Utah where you can see mountains and drive on straight roads.
Don't get me wrong, I love it here and maybe in a couple of weeks I can take some photos of the beautiful colors.

7 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

This Gal doesn't drive while texting,
SHE TAKES PICTURES WHILE DRIVING!


SHHHHHHHHHSH

s-n-m Glazier said...

These pictures are beautiful. I know what you mean about needing a road map when all you can see are the trees.

King Family said...

ROFL, Those roads are so pretty to drive, and yes, there are some interesting signs in MD also.

Last night, while we were driving in the Salt Lake Valley, McKay was in awe when we could see the Draper, Oquirrh, South Jordan temples all at the same time. We were also telling him the names of all the cities he could see also . . . quite a list of them. He also was noticing all of the LDS chapels. It was quite funny to see and hear his observations!

King Family said...

Oooops,that was not Halley above, it is Tina on Halley's computer!!

Baxter said...

i didn't think you liked that road

The two old crows said...

Baxter, I had to travel that road to visit a sister and it was about 11:00 am, no traffic so to speak. A big difference than at 5 pm when people are going home from work.

King Family said...

I love the roads in Maryland. They are so fun to drive and so pretty... and yes... I agree with grandpa.. taking pictures while driving.. hehehe.