Friday, September 4, 2009

bugs

While we were building the fence we found some interesting bugs and tree frogs (toads)
I don't think I have ever seen a tree frog or toad before. He didn't mind his picture being taken and stayed in this tree all day. This is the same tree that had the Cicada skins.

This spider was dead but it had made a neat looking web from the roof down to our two old crows. My picture taking doesn't do it justice.
Below this elm tree are these Cicada holes with some of their dead discarded nymph skins.

This tree had lots of these nymph skins on it. If you are interested you can go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYLxxALTfAQ it is a little over 5 minutes.

A skin in the same elm tree.


Just below the spider on the two old crows we saw these grasshoppers.
We just had a great time building fence and finding all these neat bugs.

2 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

You're a braver girl than I, I hate bugs! I think one of those things would have sent me running into my nice cool house!

Bainter Family Antics said...

It was really cool. I love to look at nature. It also helped that none of them could chase me!