Friday, September 11, 2009

Singing in the Rain

This morning it is pouring down rain. Stevie asked me if I was taking our car to the school bus stop, of course I said no we have umbrellas.

So we walk out to the school bus stop, Stevie with Grandpa's umbrella and me with mine. Dreary day right. Stevie starts twirling her umbrella, she says like in Singing in the Rain, and we start singing Singing in the Rain and she is dancing across the roadway.
She keeps this up until the school bus arrives. She doesn't get to wet we are just happy.

Our neighbor comes over with her two children growling because of the rain and I sing to her, What a glorious day, I'm singing in the rain to which she says, " I hate that song" and goes home growling and I skip into our house happy as a lark. That Stevie is our sunshine girl. She can make any day bright.

3 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

I drove my kiddos to the bus stop, but your morning sounds like a lot more fun! What a sweetie!

Tina said...

kewel . . . . by the way, we canceled our field trip to the archives because of the rain . . . how about next Friday????

Bainter Family Antics said...

She is indeed our sweetie and I am so glad that she continues to give you joy as well.